Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crown Brushes - A Royal Deal!

Ok... that was a pretty bad attempt at a funny title, but Crown Brushes really are the cat's meow!

First off, let me start by saying that if you are using the brush and sponge applicators that come with your makeup... you will never (or at the very least, find it VERY difficult to ever) achieve a polished look.  You need to use brushes.  Good, quality makeup brushes.

Now, MAC makes some incredibly "magical" brushes.  But, they are pricey.  This is "Mama Does Makeup" and mama could pay the water bill for what MAC charges for one brush.  However, "if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." ~ Ferris Bueller.

A few years ago I caught wind of a great little company called Crown Brush.  They are based out of Indiana and I always like to keep my business in the Midwest if I can, so I gave them a shot.  WOW!!!!!  They are the best kept secret out there!!!!  They offer quality brushes for pennies on the dollar (did I say that right???), fast shipping, great customer service, and did I mention GREAT brushes????

Let's give you an example.  One of the most sought after brushes from MAC is their 217 Blending Brush which sells for $22.50.  Every Makeup Artist has at least a couple in their arsenal.  Crown Brush offers the Pro Blending Fluff (C433) for $5.49.  The brushes are almost identical!!!!!!  Are you kidding me???  No, dead serious.  I will never buy a 217 again.  I am now a Crown Brush junkie :)

Here are my top Crown Brush picks:

Any brush from their Italian Badger collection.  The quality of the hair used for the bristles is outstanding (some shed a bit... but not too bad) and the deposit the powder products onto the skin beautifully!

My "can't do makeup without them"
Italian Badger brushes include:

Flat Bronzer, $10.95
Use this for applying powder bronzer OR flawless, liquid foundation
Great for lid color and a smokey eye
 
Perfect for applying precise crease color or REALLY smoking out the lashline







Other MUST OWN brushes:

Just get one, better yet... get 2 or 3

For smoking out your lash line!

For gel and liquid liners

Think those prices are exciting?  Wait, there's more!  Crown Brush offer a bulk discount too!!!!  If you spend $125 or more, you get 20% off your order.  There is a minimum order of $25 and that comes with a shipping price of only $7, but if you order $100 or more, shipping is free.  Free shipping rocks!!!  If you find it hard to choose $100 worth of brushes, get your friends to order with you or better yet, these brushes make great gifts.

Check out the Crown Brush Website 

Ok, now I'm starting to sound like a commercial for Crown Brush :)  And I am not affiliated with them in a way, shape or form.  But it would be pretty sweet if I was!  Honestly, I am in love with their brushes and I am very excited to share this find with all my friends!

Now... go getcha-self some brushes!

~ Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment