Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And then there was light...

Hello.  My name is Lisa and I am a NON-recovering makeup-a-holic.  Seriously, I know more about cosmetics than I care to admit.  I recently decided to put my knowledge and talent to work for me and began freelancing as a Makeup Artist.  I'M IN HEAVEN!!!!!  By far, the most rewarding job I've ever had!  The reactions my clients have when they see themselves make my heart flutter.  I am so happy to be able to teach them a few tricks and give them a little boost of confidence along the way.  Makeup is like Red Bull for your ego.

So... when I launched my business, many of my out of state friends hollered "What about me???".  I feel so loved!  I promised a YouTube channel so that I could share information with those far away, then I realized that I have no clue how to edit videos.  But I can type!  And so this blog was born.

Mama Does Makeup is not a sales site for my makeup business.  No siree Bob!  It will be a beauty blog with tips, product reviews, tutorials and the like.  There are billions of beauty blogs out there already and so I am going try my best to make this one different.  With that in mind... I offer the following promises:

The goal of this blog is help moms (and those who are aging gracefully) look and feel their best.  I vow to honestly take you from soccer mom to siren.

I promise to make you laugh.... because that's what I like to do :D  At this point, I'm pretty darn sure that you will not see too many, if any, serious blog posts on here.  Life is short... laugh all the way.

I will do the work for you.  Did I mention that I love makeup?  Yeah... so I'll find the good products out there for you.  I will review them and let you know if they're any good.  I have a lot of knowledge of ingredients... so I know what I'm looking for.  And being a mom of 3... you can bet that I'm going to get you the BIGGEST BANG for you buck! 

And finally...
I want to hear from you!!!!  Please, let me know what looks you want to see, what problems you want solved, etc.  This blog is here because of you and FOR you.  Oh... and don't forget to subscribe!!!!  Eventually we'll have contests with some great prizes, and you don't want to miss out!

So, I should probably write my first 'official' post now.  Let's get this show on the road ladies!

Peace, Love, & Lipstick,

Lisa B.

No comments:

Post a Comment