Monday, June 6, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Review

Off the Shelf:  Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Review

I used to be a die hard Revlon Lipstick fan.  They had all the colors I loved, good pigmentation, great price, and didn't have a funky flavor or odor.  When I picked up some of the Colorburst colors to check out... I wondered why I had ever strayed :)

I LOVE these lipsticks!!!!

You can find them just about anywhere... Walgreens, Target, WalMart, Ulta, CVS and they retail for anywhere between $6.50 and $8 (Hint:  Revlon frequently issues coupons, so do a quick online search for any deals before you shop!)  They are also packaged REALLY nice in a black case that has a quilted look.  Honestly,  they look like very high end products!

I test drove 4 colors that I both personally liked and seemed pretty popular among other beauty gurus. Although some of the colors weren't what I expected, in the end I wound up loving all 4 of them.


Pink Sugar was one of those that surprised me.  I really expected it to be much more opaque.  It's a VERY sheer nude with a lot of sparkle.  Think: VERY fine glitter kinda sparkle.  It's a color that's perfect to wear over another color to add some sparkle for sure.  You could wear it alone too if you just wanted some shimmer without color.

Soft Nude is my very, VERY favorite of all the colors!!!!  Some call it a dupe of MAC's famous Myth color (which is one of my most beloved colors)  It has more orange in it than Myth and is definitely a lot creamier.  Still a perfect nude to match up with a similar lipliner or even a pink-ier one.

Carnation is a dark pink... pretty much a magenta color.  I'm still getting used to wearing such a vibrant color but, it does look great with pin-up style eyes.  To give your lips more dimension, try pairing this color with a red lipliner... just be sure to blend the line out with a cotton swab or lip brush.  To tone down the intensity of the color, top it with Pink Sugar!

Finally, Rosy Nude.  This is the exact same color of my actual lips LOL  The swatch makes it look darker than it actually is.  I like to wear this color with dark, brown smokey eyes.  It's a very warm look and because the lip color is so natural looking, you can play up your eyes A LOT without looking crazy.  And I pretty sure no one wants to look crazypants!

You can get more information about Colorburst Lipsticks by visiting Revlon online.  CLICK HERE to go their now.

If I had to choose just one color to pick up???  Get the Soft Nude!!!!!!  It'll look good on every skin tone, pairs beautifully with different liners, and it goes well any color eyeshadow.  It'll be the biggest bang for your beauty dollar!

Be sure to comment below with your reviews of other colors in the Colorburst line!

Bursting with beauty tips,

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment